Happy Friday everyone! Wow, I barely know where this week went! When I haven’t been working or taking care of family business I’ve been sewing away on my sewing machine. As for a little update on the Colorblock Party Skirts that will be coming to our shop this summer, I have receive all my fabric and have my first skirt completed! Samples of all the color options will be completed by the end of next week, I have a photo shoot scheduled after that, and you’re looking at a possible sneak peak by the end of the month! Things are really moving around here!
[ click on the individual images to find the source, or click the links below ]
As for other news, I handed in my notice at my day job this week. It’s been something me and my husband have been contemplating and praying about for the last month and we finally decided to take the plunge. I’m not 100% sure what the future will hold, but I believe God has a plan of us and so far He hasn’t steered us wrong. I’m a little nervous and yet way excited at the same time! Even more exciting, we’re taking the month of July to road-trip and visit all of our family and friends. Summer vacation…here we come!
So with school almost out and summer vacations on the verge, we decided to put together a list of all our favorite summer essentials:
1. A pair of shades. Being daughters of an optometrist, we both value the importance of UV protection…and designer sunglasses.
2. Sunless tanner or sunscreen. If you work indoors or you live in Oregon where it rains all the time, sunless tanner with become your best friend! If you happen to get outdoors more and live in a warmer climate go with the sunscreen…or both.
3. A beachy, flowy top. Nothing screams summer to me then a relaxed fitting top that I can throw on with a pair of jean or some shorts. It’s comfortable, cute, and breezy!
4. A summer dress. A good dress for summer that you can either dress up or dress down is a must.
5. A good read. We both happen to love reading and there is nothing quite better then finding a nice patch of shade or a spot by the pool and reading a good book. With all the driving we will be doing this summer, I will definitely have a couple of good books packed.
6. Sandals/Wedges. I have a confession to make… I’m addicted to wedges! I don’t know what it is about them but I do– I love them! These Dr. Scholls wedges have been my favorite because I feel like I could where them all day.
7. A tote bag. Being a mom I always think a big tote bag is a necessity, but they are especially great for summer day trips to the park, the beach, the zoo, etc.
8. Colored shorts. Personally I prefer the bermuda length shorts, but adding a colorful pair of shorts to your wardrobe is a fun way to brighten things up for summer.
Have a wonderful summer, and we hope you’ll keep in touch! As I’ve said before, we have a lot coming up this on the blog (including a birthday) and you won’t want to miss it!